March 21, 2014

Sleuthing Assistance?

Hello, all.  This post will be short, but purposeful.  This week, I find I encountered a bit of a problem.  It was finals week, and whenever I find myself subjected to large amounts of stress, directly after I'm kind of just...drained of creativity.  Unfortunately, we also started our mystery unit in Creative Writing this week.

There's no hope.

The rest of my class has spent the last three periods planning, outlining, and drafting.  I, however, have spent the last three periods...ahh...sitting...?  Staring...?  Listening to Grooveshark...?

Thinking about fedoras?
(courtesy of: cartoonsnap.blogspot.com)

Or better yet...
(courtesy of: jamknight on deviantart)

I don't watch Sherlock like I should, but that?  That is adorable.

Anyways, I've been painfully un-productive in Creative Writing this past week, because my mind is utterly devoid of ideas.  I do, however, have a character...name.  I have a name.  My sleuth's gonna be a Stewie Elaine.  (Unfortunately, I haven't even decided her hair color.)

So with this post, I implore you: if you have any sort of ideas for a mystery, or even if you don't, leave a comment.  My comment bar loves you.

Just like I love you.  *makes heart with hands*

I'm desperate, guys.  Please.


Please.



*coughs pathetically* 
  please.   

5 comments:

  1. Okay okay okay,
    We got this.
    So we start out with the cliche as fuck private eye office.
    Think Calvin and Hobbs type private eye thing ((if anyone knows what I'm talking about, props to you)).
    Stewie's sittin there, chillin out, eatin some jelly beans, when this crazy lady comes in and hires her to solve the murder of her late husband.
    Stewie goes out, finds some shit (maybe a card or a fingerprint), and after a lot of build up.................
    ANTHONY WAS THE KILLER AND DID IT FOR THE SHADOWS.
    BOOM. CUT. THAT'S A WRAP PEOPLE THE END.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or if you want to do it for realsies it could've been the wife's dual personality or perhaps lover from the past.
    Whatever you deem to not be cliche.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *rolls eyes* okay so murder is out, but you /could/ do something with the whole Calvin/Hobbes thing. (you fricking spelled it wrong, Siri. You're no longer my friend.)
    I mean, you could do something like a kid in school and something happens to like, the teachers jar of candy so he grabs his stuffed animal, which in his head is real, and then goes on a mission to find it. Then he finds out that like, I dunno, a kid took it and ate all the candy. The clues could be sticky fingerprints and candy wrappers leading from the kid's desk. Idk. Murder is cliche.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or how about turning the genre on its head, and making your private eye a lady - by the name of Elaine Stewey?

    ReplyDelete